A successive fraction search begins with a search for a broad topic, then narrows down successively to the smallest possible result. I did my search in the ASP database.
I began with interlibrary loan:
Successive Fraction
This was an interesting search to do because I had never really done one to this extent before. I was able to narrow down the search to one hit, but I am not sure that this would be very useful for doing research. Typically, a searcher wants a variety of articles to choose from so that they would stop after the first two refinements. However, if the articles selected either did not meet the research need or further refinement was needed to focus the topic, it would be useful to narrow it down to that extent. And it may not always be possible to narrow a search down to one hit with other topics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment